Sunday, August 16, 2009

Graduation

So I did it. I'm done. I graduated! I can't believe I've been working on this for more then 4 years. It's bitter sweet. More sweet then bitter. In fact, just sweet. No more homework. I'll never have to take a test again. I wont have to B.S. another paper! Church is true!

So now I have to become a normal adult. Get a full-time job with benefits. But I'm not old enough. I'm not ready! Oh...sad day. I don't want to work a 9-5 job. I'll be too tired. And cranky. And have no time for friends and family! Maybe I should just get pregnant and let the government take care of me...

Anyways, the graduation ceremony...Elder Ballard came to speak. I was expecting a talk about living a righteous life or congratulationing us on our achievements. But instead he talked about not getting defensive when discuss our religion...a real pick-me-up sort of talk...false...

Oh! Random story. My parents were looking for me as I entered the Marriott Center but they couldn't see me. So they each took a line to watch when all of a sudden they look up at the giant screen and there is my face! I noticed there was a camera taping all the graduates entering...so I decided to smile...and apparently they caught it all. Slightly embarrassing.

On the second day of graduation my mother dragged me to meet the president. To say the least I was slightly mortified. My brother in law called this her "Uncle Ben" moment. She want to meet the president and tell him all about our family and how we had all graduated for BYU. It actually turned out well. We meet him and my mother gave him an entire folder about our family. It was kinda cute. We then took some picture. Not as painful as I thought. They also gave us ice cream for coming. The ice cream made my whole college experience worth it.

So now I'm job hunting. Updating my resume and sending it out. Well...that's the idea. Once I finish my resume...I'm a little lazy...

1 comment:

Steven said...

katie! didn't know you had a blog! KEWL! i will read everything!!! mwuahahaha